Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Facing a difficult choice

A編: 這是我第二篇文章 上一篇是Christmas Eve
S編: no!no! 上次那篇你只是開個頭,其他都我寫的,不是你的credit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is an important point in time to make a decision for my future career.


Thanks to my brothers’ and sisters’ prayers, I got four admissions for my graduate study in the United States. I am extremely pleased that God gives me more than I want and lets me think carefully about what I really want to do. Once I started thinking carefully, I began to struggle and feel confused about making a decision. I asked opinions from my wife, supervisor and group leader. My wife even asked advice for me from my mother-in-law and her friends. Different people held different opinions. I still can not figure out what I want to do within myself. Up until then, I never thought about Almighty God and requested advice from Him. Suddenly, I understood my behavior pattern in solving problems I met. I always do my best to find possible solutions by myself first. If I can not do it by myself, I asked opinions from my wife, then my friends. When all these ways failed, I would look at God. In my mind, I know the way I try to solve problems is not correct but it is my regular behavior pattern.

Dear Lord,
Thank You for letting me be aware of the usual way I used to solve problems. Please help me to keep my eyes on You and set You as my first priority. Thank You for giving me a lot of options for my graduate study. I am having a hard time making a decision. Please light me the way You want me to go so that I can follow it and honor You.
In the name of Jesus. A-men.

UNM
UAB
MUSC
Tulane

3 comments:

Cindra said...

Congratulations!

And thanks for sharing your personal experience in making decisions - yes, it happens to all of us. But God uses incidences to hint us and refocus our eyes upon Himself - there will be a point of time that we realize that only by seeking answer from Him would we find the real peace and joy.
I echo to your prayer - A-men!

Hsu hsiuchen said...

DEAR ANDY
WE'RE PRAYING FOR YOU
MOM

Yuen Tsai said...

親愛的小記
明白神的旨意不是一種結果的確信,而是一種持續尋求的生命態度。我們沒有人會真的明白神的旨意,但是我們可以不斷的尋求。
聖靈在你裡面做工,我深信你會找到你的路徑。就像祂帶領你們離開台灣去美國、就像祂帶領小瑾和陳軍他們一樣。
願你有平安
I am very proud of you.